Tuesday, September 01, 2009

A Blast From The Past

I spent part of my day restoring the insoles of a pair of circa 1970's Vittoria World Champion cycling shoes. Black leather, yellow details and made in Italy. I acquired them back in the late 90's, at the Gainesville Cycling Club's Christmas party. We did one of those crazy gift exchanges where you drew numbers, stole gifts from each other, the works. Well, at the end of the night, I came home with these. I might even wear them for a few laps of the Booty Ride, and only a few, since they're a size or two, too small.



Heck, looking at these makes me want to do the whole nostalgia thing. Wool kit, steel frame bike with Campy 10 speed downtube shifters, and one of those cool leather helmets from American Flyers. Oh yeah, I can see it now!

No comments: