Thursday, March 15, 2007

And the single speed makes four!

Great news! My fourth bike is complete. I just took an old steel mountain bike frame that a customer gave me and turned it into a single speed. The frame is a mid-late 90's Trek Tru-Temper steel frame. As some of you may already know, I just love steel. It might be a touch heavier, but nothing rides like it. The component mix is also good. The wheels are a little on the cheap side and I'm having a tough time dialing in my Cane Creek Direct Curve brakes, but I'm very happy over all. What made tonight even better was that a few of my guys that were in the store (real bike guys, too!) rode it and told me how much they loved the bike. One of the guys even said it was nicer than one that we sell for $1700! It's going to be a fun spring. Oh...and this weekend, I'll be sure to post some photos and a full parts list.

No comments: