Monday, March 26, 2007

Awesome CD!

I can't believe it took me nearly three years to finally buy this. As a certified "Hazelnut" or Sister Hazel fan to those of you who don't know, I have made it a habit to buy their new albums within the first week of release. Yup, I own them all. Some how though, I missed Drew Copeland's solo album, "No Regrets". Well, I can say this much...I regret that I didn't buy it sooner. I knew it existed and I even saw it for sale at the Sister Hazel concerts I've attended, but for some reason, I never bought it. Well, today I decided that enough was enough and bought it off of iTunes. All I can say is WOW! There are obvious Sister Hazel influences throughout the album (actually, I guess what becomes obvious are his influences on each Sister Hazel album) as well as those from another North Florida musical legend, Tom Petty, but the album is decidedly unique. For me, the first track, "A Little Like Heaven", brought back a stream of memories from my times in Gainesville. Track 6, "Over You" is a break-up song that struck a cord with me because of it similarities to my recent break-up. The final song on the album, "Once Again" has a decidedly country music sound to it with an upbeat rhythm and positive theme. If you are a fan of Sister Hazel or Gainesville music in general, Copeland's "No Regrets" is a can't miss purchase.

No comments: